If I have more than one child, can I apply for support for all of my children?


If I have used State Schools’ Relief previously, can I apply again?

Yes, schools make applications on a needs basis. Many schools use quality second hand uniforms and pay-as-you-go arrangements. State Schools’ Relief is often used as an alternative option if second hand uniforms and pay-as-you-go are not viable options.

How much will I need to pay?

Uniform prices vary from school to school. The State Schools’ Relief board has set a limit per item. Primary and Secondary school limits vary.
Once the application is authorised by your child’s school we will be able to provide you with information regarding the co-payment amount.

Can you still assist if the school has a specific uniform i.e. with a logo?

Yes, these items are subsidised by State Schools’ Relief, parents will have to pay the difference between the subsidy and the cost of the item.

How long does it take to receive the items?

Once we receive the application, it will usually be processed and dispatched within a week. During peak times it can vary.

Where do I pick the uniform up from?

Stock from State Schools’ Relief will be sent by courier directly to the school. Authorised purchases of branded items will need to be collected from the school uniform retailer. Details regarding the location of the school uniform retailer can be obtained from the school.
Parents will have to pay the difference between our subsidy and the retail cost of the item at uniform shop/supplier. Our service is anonymous and discreet. There is nothing on the packaging to indicate that the item has come from us.

If you have a question regarding an application for State Schools’ Relief assistance, please contact your child’s school directly.

Am I eligible to receive State Schools’ Relief assistance?

We will support any student attending a Victorian Government school on the advice of the school. Situations may include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Health issues resulting in serious financial difficulties
  • Unemployment
  • House fires
  • Bereavement
  • Family violence
  • Illness
  • Independent living / homelessness
  • Natural disasters
  • Serious financial difficulty

How do I apply?

State Schools’ Relief can only respond to requests from principals, assistant principals and wellbeing/welfare coordinators. If you are struggling to provide your child’s uniform, please make an appointment with the school principal or assistant principal or wellbeing/welfare coordinator to discuss your situation.

What kind of assistance does State Schools’ Relief provide?

State Schools’ Relief provides quality footwear and our own-brand ‘Student’s Choice’ clothing from our stock and delivered to the school free of charge. Other branded school uniform items are subsidised. You will be asked to make a contribution to each branded item of clothing.