State Schools’ Relief is once again proud to be delivering the Glasses for Kids (GFK) program, which will be rolled out from Term 1, 2020.
Glasses for Kids is an early intervention program which aims to remove vision impairments as a potential barrier to educational engagement in Prep to Grade 3 levels of selected schools. GFK will provide free comprehensive eye exams and if needed, free glasses to participating students.
The previous GFK program, which concluded at the end of 2018, was a great success with 290 schools visited by qualified optometrists who tested more than 20,000 children and provided 1,904 of these students with glasses.
The Department of Education and Training has provided funding for the new 4-year Glasses for Kids program and State Schools’ Relief is now seeking program partners for the testing of over 40,000 students. The new GFK program plans to visit 340 schools in some of the most challenged areas across Victoria and will run from Term 1, 2020 through to Term 2, 2023 by calling for Responses to Tender.
- All comprehensive eye exams will be bulk billed
- The tender questions give the opportunity to state exactly what kind of service you are able to offer, as well as what area you can service, plus when you would like to participate in the program. This ensures you can opt in, or opt out, as suits you and your practice
- We welcome tenders from South Australian practices willing to travel into Victoria
- The program will have an area-based approached using the Department’s 17 geographical areas
- The evaluation criteria weight table will give you an idea of the many factors that the panel will be considering when assessing the tenders
Tender responses are open now and will close at 2.00pm on Friday 15th November 2019.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or responses to tender.
The evaluation process will begin from mid-November 2019 and successful tenders will be notified by the end of November. We very much look forward to receiving your response.